Hot water working but no Heating Alpha CB24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha CB24 boiler and last night I hit the reset button on the clock to start using the timer which I don't usually use.

As soon as I hit the reset button the whole heating went off, I reset the times and attempted to restart the central heating but it just doesn't work.
The hot water works but the heating doesn't.

I called Alpha Boilers, but they weren't really that helpful and just recommended a local plumber. I really can't believe that the central heating won't work. It's really very cold!!

Can anyone let me know what they think please?

Thanks
FifiQ

Sponsored Links
On the right hand side of the control panel there is a digital clock with all the buttons for setting the on/off timings.

digital clock there is this the following

I Auto 0 (you can choose which setting)

and then the other has a picture of a clock then "Run" and P (again you can choose which setting)

Underneath the digital clock is
"P Day Hour Min and then and an arrow with a cross on it" (apparently the soft reset button)

below all of this is a little button that says (reset)

It is this little reset button that I pressed since then I have had no heating.

I checked out the manual online, I've tried to reset it again, I've tried the soft reset button, I've put the boiler on constant, on auto, used run and the clock and nothing seems to work.

When I spoke to Alpha technical support they told me to put the boiler on Auto and Run. I did that and nothing happened, they said call and engineer.

I can't believe that I can't get this back on without one.

I hope that helps and I don't sound like a rambling fool!! LOL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back