Alpha CB 28 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help appreciated?

Came home this evening to find no hot water, looked at the boiler to find an constant illuminated red light.

All pressures ok, won't reset, the light just stays on rendering the boiler U/S.

If anyone has had simular problems please let me know how they resolved it.

Note, Seriously loosing patient with ALPHA boilers.... what a piece of crap!!!

Sponsored Links
I've had the primary ntc go faulty and cause this. Trouble is although a very simple job to change, it is within the combustion chamber and I've also had several of these that need new seals when the case is removed.

Sponsored Links
The "A" red light is constantly on so boiler won't initiate any start sequence, very difficult to test/diagnose problem if the piece of crap does nothing.........won't reset........switched electric off....light goes straight solid red A....... any thoughts?

I've had the primary ntc go faulty and cause this. Trouble is although a very simple job to change, it is within the combustion chamber and I've also had several of these that need new seals when the case is removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back