Alpha CD24C Red light on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Alpha CD24C combie boiler.....

It was working fine until the RED B indicator started flashing.
I went through the reset procedure and the light stopped flashing but still no hot water.

We now have a constant RED A light?

Sponsored Links
Do you have any other gas appliances ? are they working OK red light on means burner has locked out

Have you had any elictrical work done in the last few days , smart meter or work near the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Nothing at all.

Other thing I had noticed was the pipe outside was dripping when the boiler was working.

Could it be related to the expansion vessel being at fault?

what is the boiler pressure guage reading, can you post a pic of the control panel on the front of the boiler

I just tried another reset and RED A has now gone off.

Its now trying to fire up (Yellow C comes on) but clicks off after a few seconds.

It keeps trying till eventually it comes up with a solid RED B.

Pressure is in the green area.

Attachments

• Boiler error.jpg
    Boiler error.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 105
Try taking the pressure up to 2 Bar ( you can release this by bleeding a rad ) reset and see what happens, the pressure sensors on these are terrible and sometimes show low water pressure when it isnt

then you need a gas safe engineer now, you have checked everything you can, unless you are holding the reset for more than 2 seconds ,

I had something similar happen to mine only last month and it turned out to be the low pressure sensor was blocked up. Ordered a new one from alpha for about £35 and had it fitted. Old one actually snapped off when they tried to remove it as the thread is plastic so made sure the new one was a brass fitting. Simple for them to test once boiler was opened up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back