Alpha CB 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a leak from conection to cylnder at conection for PRV between points 291 -> 290 on alpha drawing linked.

http://www.alpha-boilers.com/Uploads/other_content/CB50_Exploded_View.pdf

Any one ever changed one or stripped the cylnder out of one of these ,,acording to tech help will have to remove cylnder from boiler replacing all seals i disturb take out remake fitting,sounds a bit of a arse to me.

Customers wants a rough estimate so any one have any more informed idea of how long it might take.

Sponsored Links
If u don't have unvented ticket nock the job back.

It's a tpr valve, allow a morning if you aren't familiar 1hr if you are.

Must have ticket to work on it.

There are plenty of other jobs if you aren't qualified for this one.

I went to a hotel explosion other day a plumber had fitted 400ltrs of unvented storage with a central heating ev and a gas cock between it and the cylinders.

Yes i have the CITB uvhw ticket

Thanx for the reply ,i have quoted him aprox 4h labour plus seals kit, so will see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Yes, shouldn't be too bad, they are heavy large critters though and held together by a combination of spindly bits which as a whole supports the weight.

There is a relevant recall about the mounting brackets which is a very small problem but might be relevant to your boiler.

"If you installed an Alpha CB or CD50 during 2006 email serial no. to details(insert ampersand here)alphatherm.co.uk"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back