alpha cb24x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an Alpha cb24x boiler that makes a loud humming noise when the heating first starts, this can go on for a couple of minutes then the boiler runs fine and smooth.
All the radiators are hot to touch with no cold spots and the water heats up as normal.
I did have a leak to which I added some sentinel express leak sealer which has fixed it for now, but this noise appeared after I added it, I was told to try some fernox noise reducer which I added a week ago but has made no difference to the noise.
I know its olds and not the best boiler but it hasn't let me down up to now, does anyone have any ideas what this could be before I start spending loads on a boiler when its not worth it.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
loud humming....before the burner lights?... could be fan before it starts spinning or solenoid on gas valve..if continues after burner lit i would guess gas valve

You hear the burner light and then the noise starts only for 2-4 mins and then runs smooth and quiet.
The only way I can describe it is an aircraft powering down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back