Alpha Combi boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

just gone to get in the shower and we have no hot water. I have tested the heating and that doesn't work either.

when you turn the hot water on, the boiler makes a sound for about a second and then nothing. its been ok for years and now nothing.

any ideas where I start?

thanks Tony

Sponsored Links
Athens quickest answer I can think off ((and I'm not a plumber) is turn it off at the wall. Kill all power too it and turn it back on after a couple of minutes. Like a reboot on a conputer

Sponsored Links
its been ok for years and now nothing.

Is this, by any chance, thinly-disguised code for "I haven't had it serviced for years"?

You haven't posted the model of your boiler but with it not doing much at all it's probable that there's been a component failure. There is a very slim chance that a service will get it going but I think it's unlikely. Is the boiler displaying any fault codes?

Sounds like an older model with no fault display and having had no servicing for many years because "it was still working"!

Now it needs a repair!

Tony

Tonyh44, simply post the model details and you'll get some good advice. You'll also get berated because some will assume you've never had it serviced, although they've no proof. Welcome to the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back