Alpha HE CB /33 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem is that pressure rose to 3.5 Bars removed 3 pints of water and it wet to .75 bar, then lost Heating and hot water.
Called out Corgi Plumber who fitted new primary pressure switch he left me the old switch and charged £65 :evil: I did fit Boilers 25 years ago (too old now) and after he went I wondered how he did it without draining the boiler first ?.
Next day pressure was 2.5 bars drained further 3 pints went to .5 bar heating OK but no Hot water, phoned Plumber who said Flow switch was faulty and he would fit new one today (did not turn up)
In the mean time I had phoned Alpha who said it could be the Diaphragm in the Flow valve but to phone their plumbers, I did he said it could be the expansion tank that needs to be re pressurised, can't find any instructions on doing this though.
Can anyone HELP. the pressure switch left behind by the Plumber Alpha said it was not the one fitted to the boiler when new 3years ago.

Sponsored Links
Full instructions on how to check the expansion vessel are in FAQ's ;)

Edit, I assume you have checked that the filling loop is fully turned off and not letting by?

Thanks Dave I will try to find that quote. The loop is disconnected.

sorry can't find frequently asked questions ?.

Plumbing and Heating home page.

6th down from top. 'Sticky' FAQ's ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Dave, :LOL:
Found Sticky and it was of great help. re charged the chamber and all works fine now. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back