Alpha HE CB25 - Hot Water only on Fully Open Tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all, just want you guys to know I have done some research, I think it is the diverter valve / diaphragm, but want to sense check my symptoms / solutions with someone first!

I have mixer taps in all of my rooms, and recently the boiler has only been lighting when the hot tap is fully open on full heat on any given outlet, anything other than full throttle and the boiler doesn't even attempt to light.

There doesn't appear to have been any drop in water pressure, and when any tap is open half hot / half cold, I can hear water running through the boiler. I saw on another thread to listen for a click when the water runs, I can only hear the click when the hot is fully open and then then boiler lights, otherwise no noise is apparent (other than rushing water).

The water works as expected when the central heating is running.

The only reason why I am puzzled as to the cause is because it works fine when the hot tap is fully open. From what I have read, if the issue is with the diaphragm or switch then it just wouldn't work?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think that as the water works ok when CH is on then this points to a stretched / holed diaphragm. Change that first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back