Alpha InTec 34C E37 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

Looking for a bit of advice.

I have an Alpha InTec 34C boiler installed.

Since putting the heating back on the boiler is throwing up an e37 error, this seems to be happening when the heating is on and then a tap is turned on for hot water. When the tap is turned off the error disappears most of the time.

However a couple of times the error has stayed on and I have had to turn off/on the boiler to reset.

E37 is a electricity supply low voltage.

Thought i would ask before calling anyone.

Sponsored Links
Could be a loose connection somewhere. Is your home powered in the normal way? Nothing ran off solar panels?

very well known fault it is the PCB transformer has been overheating, do you have a slight colour staining on a part of the front of the facia, slightly yellowish, good chance your boiler will still be under the Manufacturers warranty

Thankyou for the replies,

I can't see any obvious discolouring. Not under warranty so sounds like I will have to get an engineer to have a look. Sounds expensive.

Sponsored Links
Ianmcd is perfectly correct. Thankyou.
His post was spot on.
The PCB transformer (which is actually on the PCB) was faulty.
Yellowing to front also present.
Replaced PCB which included transformer. Cost of PCB £200 plus vat.
Now works perfectly although I would never buy an Alpha again.
(Worcester give excellent after service)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I have a Alpha entec 28x with an E37 fault code, but is intermittent, would this mean that it could be something other than a transformer PCB replacement ? Also can an electrician or other competent person replace this ? Or would it need a gas safe person ?

thanks
You'd be better off starting your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's, which is against site rules. You'd need a Gas Safe Registered engineer to diagnose and replace

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back