Problem with Alpha InTec 34C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All

I am hoping somebody on here may be able to help me with a problem with an Alpha InTec 34c Combi boiler.

Just got back from a weeks hols to find that although the programmer was switched off the boiler keeps firing up far a few minutes at a time. Even took the batteries out of the programmer and still the same thing. Ended up having to turn the actual boiler off altogether to get it to stop.

Any ideas how to tackle the ghost in my boiler?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
on the front of your boiler there is a small LCD display screen, post a photo of it so we can see what is going on

Hi ianmcd

Sorry the LCD only shows the temp (58) and the winter setting (little snowman). Nothing else if showing up on the LCD - Sorry not sure how to get an image on to here.

I think it may be something to do with the programmer but cannot understand how that can still effect the boiler when it has no batteries in it?
I kept taking the batteries out, set the timer to off (no on times and switch to Min = off) but the boiler continued to come on.
So I turned the boiler off and left it over night. I then put new batteries in the programmer and reset it, the boiler has not come on since. I think it is 'reset', but i am going to try getting the heating to come on for a period of time to see if it behave normally.

Thanks for your response to help....I may be back soon?

if it was an external control fault you would have the picture of a radiator coming on in the display, if it was a sticking flow switch for the DHW you would have a picture of a tap coming up on the display, if you have neither and the boiler is false firing it sounds like you have Frost sensor fault, your boiler has inbuilt protection from frost and if the sensor thinks it is 5C it will fire the boiler to protect it, unfortunately for you though this sensor is inside the combustion chamber so I am not allowed to advise you how to change it

Sponsored Links
Alpha programmer with reciever on boiler fascia? On some models limp mode heating triggered when
no signal from RF programmeable roomstat.

New batts =problem sorted.

I think you are right polesapart.

After I put the new batteries in the programmer it has behaved itself. The only thing I couldn't fathom was taking the batteries out completely did not stop the boiler from firing up, yet I am aware of accidentally taking the programmer to work with me one day and the boiler was not affected.

Anyway thank you all for your advice. For the moment things appear to be back to normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back