Alpha Ocean 240e - adjusting hot water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I understand the optimum water flow for my boiler is 9litres per minute, however after turning on my baths hot water tap on full we're getting a flow of about 15litres a minutes and unsurprisingly the water is cold.

Does anybody here know how to adjust the flow rate as I've checked the manual and it doesn't appear to be mentioned.

Cheers, Jake

Sponsored Links
You could fit flow restrictors on the taps, but in reality just don't open the taps so much.

There is a valve underneath the boiler which is used to isolate when working on the boiler. Closing it half way or so will do the job. Be carefull as it may start to weep.

JTLYK its the second valve from the right.

thanks very much for getting back to me and so quickly as well! rob884 you're deffo on my christmas card list :D thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Oh, one last thing, as the ambient temperature of the cold water is... um... :confused: colder than 17c (winter and all that) is there an issue if I slow the flow of water to less than 9 litres - like down to 3 or 4 litres per minute.

Just to give the heat exchanger more time to heat that pesky cold stuff. Thoughts?

Cheers, Jakeeboy

You really are going about this the wrong way round. You need full flow into the boiler and restrict what is coming out.

Hiya Gas4You,

I'm an uncomplicated kinda guy ;) I adjusted the flow on the combi boiler last night to the "optimum" settings of 9lpm and the water we get from the taps is now warm when they're opened up fully. So my simplistic logic is :idea: "if 9lpm gets me warm water 4lpm will get me hot" :idea:

What's the theory behind using seperate flow restrictors on taps, can you use them on digital showers and why do that instead of restricting at source.

Thanks again for responding, this forum is possibly one of the best I've chatted on!!!

Cheers, Jakeeboy

If you restrict the incoming flow then there will be nothing left for the boiler to work with.

If you turn the tap slower then the boiler will give what you 'ask' for with some flow left over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back