Also Looking For a Mitre Saw !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for repeating the above posters question but I didnt want to hijack his post as our requirements might be different .
:)

Im also after a mitre saw for finishing off my kitchen project . Cornice/pelmets and skirtings ect . As its something I probably wont use again for a while I dont want to spend a lot - but I still want a quality finish !

Do you recommend a powered model , manual type , or could I get away with a mitre block .

Maybe I could hire one - if so , what type ?

Any advice gratefully received - thanks !

Sponsored Links
For kitchen cornices you need a quality saw, a fine blade and loads of practice....personally I've a SIP sliding arm compound mitre saw and if I haven't used it for a while I make a complete buttocks of things until I get used to it. It cost around £350 if I remember.
Personally I'd hire one and try to do everything in a couple of days.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I can't comment on electrical sorts having only got a cheapy chop saw from CPC which is ok but only just. I do have a Wickes manual compound mitre saw with a fine blade and it does just about everything I need provided it will fit into the saw. It also came (4 years ago) with adjustable stops and clamps for the huge sum of £25 or there abouts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back