Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a decent mitre saw, i want one that when you set it to 45 it cuts a perfect 45 everytime, I'm mainly cutting cornice and pelmets for kitchens. Dewalt and Makita seem to get good wright ups.....what do you think?

cheers Chris

Sponsored Links
DW718V way over the top, but very good..... not that I'm biased of course.

What size you looking at? If you want a non sliding one I'd look at the Makita MLS100 250mm. Pick one up for 100 notes from Screwfix.

I can highly recommend the dewalt DW712. Not quite as hardcore as the 718 and you should be able to pick one up new for £300-£350.

Sponsored Links
ive got the dewalt 708, which i think has been superseded by the 718. Ive had it for 5 years and used it mainly for landscaping work, however it still cuts internal work acuratley every time. I cant fault it. If the rest of the dewalt saws are like it, then its money well spent

Makita LS1013,

Mine is now 11 years old, running perfectly and cutting dead on after extremely heavy use.

Cheers for the info gent's, I really fancy a Dewalt 712 or if the price is right a 718. There is a new Screwfix opening up near me with 10% off so i'm going to get a demo on them.

Cheers :LOL:

Cheers for the info gent's, I really fancy a Dewalt 712 or if the price is right a 718. There is a new Screwfix opening up near me with 10% off so i'm going to get a demo on them.

Cheers :LOL:

Get a 718 It'll last you a lifetime, although it's not very portable.

None of those mitre saws will give you acccurate 45 degree mitres unless you can afford a kapex. I suggest you save your money and get a Nobex.

Harry

None of those mitre saws will give you acccurate 45 degree mitres unless you can afford a kapex. I suggest you save your money and get a Nobex.

Harry

Sorry Harry, you're wrong on this. Can't speak on the Makita but the Dewalt is spot on. No need to buy a festool for £800 to get the same result as a dewalt at £300 for the vast majority of jobs.

I bought a Charnwood Machinery W242 10” sliding compound mitre saw - http://www.charnwood.net/ProductDesc.jsp?cat=29&stockref=W242 (discontinued in 2004) several years ago for use in renovating our French property and it was used extensively without any problems - it has a laser guide which was a useful aid. This saw wasn't very expensive at the time (£129 and guaranteed for 2yrs) - this is now http://www.charnwood.net/ProductDesc.jsp?cat=7&stockref=W243 priced at £130

Hope this helps

John (Bibsta)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back