smoke when using mitre saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys..why is there burning kind of smoke when i use my mitre saw at 45 degree angles when doing a mitre on a skirting board..yet if i use the saw to cut through at 90 degress it works fine and no burning smoke...?cuts ok, so blades seems fine..any ideas?..ta

Sponsored Links
You may not be supporting the timber causing friction and trapping the blade.

suspect the blade is probably cutting off line as in the back off the blade is not following the front
do you have tiny circular ridges along the cut line on one side only ??

Sponsored Links
suspect the blade is probably cutting off line as in the back off the blade is not following the front
do you have tiny circular ridges along the cut line on one side only ??
yes mate..i have some swirly marks on the 45 degree mitre that i cut...doesnt half fill the room up with smoke...time to change the blade me thinks....cheers matey..

if you have ridges its more likely to be the saw
but let us know how you get on :D

Almost certainly a blade that needs sharpening. Take it off and replace with either a new blade or one that's recently been to the saw doc's for a sharpen. ;) ;)

i cant see ridges, but the cut is burnt....ive nearly finished putting skirting in the rooms, made a good job of it too...probably never gonna do it again...so was wondering if this blade will be ok...its says its for plastic, but mentions wood on the description...will it be ok ?..dont really want a expensive one, just something to finish the job..lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-...YRQM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319743265&sr=8-4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back