Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am treating myself to a new toy this weekend so need to make sure I buy the right one...I am buying a mitre saw which can cut 7" skirting, I need to stand the skirting up on the mitre saw so I can cut a 45 degree angle

The one I have is too small so the bigger the better but the cheapest biggest one if that makes sense

I have found this one here but not sure on the brand or if its big enough..

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-to...vel-Sliding-Mitre-Saw-MMS210SL-210mm-10668119

Sponsored Links
its rubbish but it will sort of do the job if you buy a big tub of filler

He who buys cheap buys twice!

Just one of the reviews.......

"Okay for very general cutting / most DIY - would not recommend using it for mitre cutting skirting boards etc. The laser is "factory set" but it appears that mine is not correct; straight cutting is a degree or two off centre, bevel to the right is about straight, but bevel to the left is way off. I spent ages with the instructions trying to set it but the adjustment simply isn't enough, and if you get it set correctly for straight cuts in exaggerates the the inaccuracy of the bevel cuts. The instructions booklet is low resolution for showing some of the adjustment screws, and some of it is just inaccurate or missing information. I'll be taking up my dissatisfaction with B&Q / the manufacturer."

Do not try to stand your skirting board up on one of those saws and cut it !!! that is not how they are used and will be dangerous.

Sponsored Links
Do not try to stand your skirting board up on one of those saws and cut it !!! that is not how they are used and will be dangerous.

it wont cut any more than around 4" before the guard hits the top off the skirting
but as you say cut flat and "bevel" :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back