Altech ALTHC001 Central Heating Programmer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I apologise if anyone has brought this query up before as I'm new to the forum.
My 83 year old mother has recently had to have a new switch for her central heating. The old one was er....quite old and outdated. Trouble is all she wants to do with this new one is switch it on and off as and when she wants to. The engineer that fitted it didn't even take the trouble to explain anything to her properly so she arranged for someone from the company to come in and explain it and she's none the wiser.
I'm suspecting it can't be turned on and off but that's just a wild guess, can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
If you open the flap on the programmer you will see two buttons with MODE written on them, the top one is central heating, if you press the button it will select ON then ONCE then AUTO then OFF as you press the button each time, might be easier to install a room stat.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I shall have a good look at it tomorrow when I go and shall look into the room stat for her.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back