Alternative to conifers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a border of different conifers in my front garden which provides privacy from the neighbours and people walking past my house (we are on an estate). The conifers have started to go brown and are overlapping the pavement and have generally outgrown the space (12ft long x 4ft wide). I know absolutely nothing about gardening but would like to retain the privacy by replacing the conifers with something a little prettier. If i dig the conifers out, do I have to prep the soil before replanting something else (the conifers have been in there for about 17yrs) and if i could plant something else, what sort of thing would be suitable growing up and out to retain privacy but thats a bit prettier to look out but green all year - hope this isnt impossible? :confused: Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Would like it to be different heights ranging from 1ft to maybe 5ft. At the moment I have some floor covering, couple at about 4 and 5 ft and the tallest is about 15ft although dont want anthing that tall again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back