Alternative to Hardibacker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My local builders merchants no longer sell Hardibacke 500. The cheapest so far is 12 quid plus vat fo the 12mm 1200x800 boards. Is there an equivelent moisture resistant board that is more economical and just as dense, The others Ihave seen , such as the Brit gyp seem not so dense.

Sponsored Links
Gyproc is a gypsum based plasterboard is completely different to a cement based tile backer board & even the moisture resistant (MR) variety is not suitable for a wet area. Aquapanel is what I use, Wickes sell it but try a different supplier if it's too rich for you; local BM's are hardly the cheapest unless you have an account. But 12 quid + vat is hardly expensive & your probably talking a few quid extra over the cost of your project! or go for Gyproc PB & have it fail in a couple of years.

Hi Richard C. idon't think you have understood. I wasn't talking about moisture resistant plasterboard. I was talkinking about Gyprocs' equivalent to Hardibacker.

Sponsored Links
So what are you referring to, Glassrock? It’s still a gypsum based board & only water resistant, Hardibacker is a cement based board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back