Alternative to Tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a friend of mine was telling me about this stuff that you can get for your bathroom instead of tiling.

Its like Sheets that you apply to the walls which are waterproof. can put around the bath or shower area rather than tiling.

Ive googled but not been able to find what it is or where you can get some.

can anyone advise me?

Sponsored Links
how do u install it.

i see its in panels 82cm by 190cm. is it easily cut to fit walls and joined again.

Sponsored Links
Not sure never installed it just seen it,best to pop down to your local b&q and have a look.Ask one of the helpful staff if you can see the instructions.

thanks for the advice guys.

Looks Like this stuff will be more expensive that buying tiles and having someone tile the bathroom :eek:

Fitted the type that is basically 300mm wide tongue and groove plastic boards. To be honest, it looks ok and is quick to fit. Stick the stuff up with Gripfill.

just been stripping some of the wallpaper off in bathroom. i dont suppose i need to fiddle on, taking off the bits of paper stiff stuck to the walls.
just the thick of it, should be good enough?

now i cant decide if i should just get it for around the bath area and paint the rest of the walls or something

You might also want to have a look at multipanel and tilepanel www.multipanel.co.uk

I've used quite a lot of the thicker multipanel which is a laminated WBP plywood in a wet room for hydrotherapy for dogs and it looks fine. They produce a good range of finishes in both smooth and mosaic effect.

Like all laminated products it can be difficult to cut neatly, although the corner profiles can be used to cover minor imperfections. If you've a lot of visible cuts to make, see if you can borrow or hire a Festool circular saw that runs on an aluminium track. It's extremely quick and easy and the finish perfect. If it's only a few you could rough cut with a fine jigsaw blade like a metal one and then use a straight edge and router to produce the finished cut.

As mentioned before it is fixed to sound walls or a timber frame using gripfill or similar and the profiles and tongues of the boards fixed with fine screws. 3x30mm or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back