Alternative to wall tiles - kitchen

Sponsored Links
My mother in laws kitchen is all mirror. She had the sheets cut to fit. Must say it looks very impressive. Think she cleans it about once a week (other than any splashes obviously!)

floor tile worktop? how's that work then? just glued them onto a wood substrate?
how'd you do the edges..
seen 600 x 600 files at B&Q.. pack of 3 for 11.99.. thought of them for a backsplash..

View media item 13197

Sponsored Links
ColJack";p="1306348 said:
floor tile worktop? how's that work then? just glued them onto a wood substrate?
how'd you do the edges..
seen 600 x 600 files at B&Q.. pack of 3 for 11.99.. thought of them for a backsplash..

Thats the ones, I cut strips of 30mm to form edge and used same tile as backsplash which dropped behind surface tile pushing them forward the 10mm or so I needed to overlap the front edge tile , all layed on existing laminate [28mm]worktop.
The tiles were fixed with a thin bed of tile adhesive and clear waterproof sealant between edges to butt them up tight and leave nowhere for any spillage to enter.

Crafty said:
My Uncle stuck tile-effect linoleum to the walls! :LOL: It didn't look too bad actually!

We had vinyl floor covering on our kitchen walls for the last 15 years. Easy to clean and hard wearing. Looked very good ( comments from other people )

We also used cushion floor for the walls of the shower room. Never had any condensation as the surface had effective thermal insulation between it and the plaster board.
Flippin `eck that takes me back anyone remember Dado-Lin ;)

I thought of using fake-tile laminate to match the kitchen flooring, but the effort of cutting accurate holes for the numerous switches and sockets put me off.

BTW the OP may have finished at some time in the last two years.

Yeah but I'd still love to see a photo of his melted acrylic splashbacks, cos that's probably what's happened by now.

any chance of a pic of the front edge? do the tiles continue the granite look onto their edges too?

Will see what I can do but having an op next week so in Hospital for a week.

Crafty said:
My Uncle stuck tile-effect linoleum to the walls! :LOL: It didn't look too bad actually!

We had vinyl floor covering on our kitchen walls for the last 15 years. Easy to clean and hard wearing. Looked very good ( comments from other people )

We also used cushion floor for the walls of the shower room. Never had any condensation as the surface had effective thermal insulation between it and the plaster board.

Hello,
I am new to the forum (found it by a search for tile alternatives) I like the idea of using vinyl floor covering on a bathroom wall as I have a single wall to cover in my bathroom. My question is how do I secure it to the wall? I had visions of trying to glue it and it coming rolling back off! Lol.

Any help would be great.

D.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back