Alternatives to a radiator and heat source from central heat

put a long low rad on that wall then

and another under the window

Sponsored Links
What did you do about the outlets ie have a shelf there
Yes, exactly that, but it only protrudes 2cm from the front of the slot just to finish it off neatly. If you didn't want to do that you could buy a nice chrome grill, but it would need not to be too restrictive to the airflow.

I have since replaced the removable panel with a frame having a decorative punched metal grill. Mrs Stem wanted it for aesthetic purposes, but it doesn't even get warm, it stays cool to the touch all of the warm air comes out of the slot at the top.

If you installed vertical panels either side of the radiator, so the radiator is enclosed apart from the front where the slots are, that would mean that you could keep the cables outside of the heated area.

Thanks all.
This has been really instructive for me.

I think on balance I will get a long low profile rad for the back wall behind the sofa (probably single panel)
Not yet decided if I have the front one removed or enclosed in a cabinet ala Stem....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back