Sufficient Heat Output from this Radiator?

Sponsored Links
Look at the FAQ and see how to use the gas meter readings to calculate the fire power input.

But based on your description its almost certainly to need that vent!

Those fires give anout 20% of the heat in the gas to the room! The rest goes up the chimney.

Worst even with the fire off the room heat is also lost up that chimney!

Tony

plus when you have done your room calcs you need to double that figure to allow for the chimney

Oh dear.
Yep I accept that most of the heat will go up.
It is sod's law. I Know I could just block the chimney but otherwise I put it on to prevent it being a source of draught.
Will be compounded when I remove the rad from the front of the room (as per other thread which also include a pic)

Hence I think I might be back to square one and to have a vertical (black) radiator as per that earlier link over the step to the side of the intended false wall.
View media item 56981

Sponsored Links
still true

It is a "period" old fashioned faux-coal open gas fire. Pulls alot of gas as the meter goes mad when it is on :(
In the interests of economy, I suggest you burn £5 notes instead.

dump the open gas coals. Either get a more modern and economical gas fire, or remove it and close up the chimney except for a small ventilator to prevent condensation in the flue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back