alumasc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone on here used Alumasc polymer?? got an estimate for re-roughcasting and the guy said he prefered to use this stuff as it sets like concrete, also how many coats should it have as he has only one on the estimate, is he cutting corners?? There is a gap between the windows at the top and bottom of the house where there is like tongue and groove pvc panels which i want filled in and roughcast, should these be insulated before its roughcast, or just fix wire mesh on the panels and then roughcast over them,all reply's welcome thanks

Sponsored Links
Being impatient will not get you anywhere; it was the weekend & at least 2 of the regular contributors are on holiday. Try this for a start;
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Alumasc+polymer&meta=&aq=f&oq=

I don’t do external render so can't advise; you will need one of the render guys to answer specifically but due to your impatience & attitude they may well stick 2 fingers up at you now! :rolleyes:

Never used it myself, I would probably insulate, the spec sheet should tell you if it should be 2 coats.

Sponsored Links
Must say I have never heard of it, but I am not really clued up on all these "modern coatings"..... :(

Sorry RC did not mean to upset anyone, so a thousand appoliges to any of you who took offence :oops: Just had some estimate's and was trying to work out who was doing the job right and for a fair price so i guess i was in a bit of a hurry sorry folks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back