Aluminium trolley jack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to buy one of those aluminium trolley jacks that are easily able to get under low vehicles. Does anyone own such an item or have any comments to make regarding them? Has it been a worthwhile purchase? Thanks in advance for any advice. ;)

Sponsored Links
aluminium? haven't seen them, mine is steel.

Yes, my dad has an old steel one but it's a big buggèr that really requires two peolple to lift. The sort I am referring to are a newer type that only weigh 12-20kgs. Here's a selection from fleabay, John.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
nice idea

they do seem expensive, but I have my steel one for a long time so I don't know typical prices. I think I saw steel ones in Aldi recently.

Sponsored Links
Aldi might be OK for some items, but if one is to stick one's bonce beneath a ton or so of iron then I'd sooner opt for an established manufacturer. Of course, the use of axle stands is essential in anycase.

I actually rather like that Liftmaster with all of the LEDs. A bit of lighting from the saddle seems very sensible. On the other hand perhaps a few sparkly lights just appeals to one’s inner chav? Awaits barrage of supercilious comments. :)

out of all the cheap ones id probably spend a little more and go for a sealey product as their tools are quite good. i will try and dig out the review in one of car mechanics magazines and see which one they reccommend

Back