Aluminum double glazing - repainting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just ordered new windows and doors - trouble is the windows are a different colour to the doors. The supplier it trying to push for respraying the windows (they are installed) and not totally replace however I have serious doubts on this approach

a) Its respraying on the coating not directly on the aluminum - so not sure what the knock on effect is
b) How long will it last
c) There are so many bits that would need to be masked I doubt they ca do it properly

any more?

any view please

Sponsored Links
If they are new why did you not get them the colour you wanted. Also they would be powder coated and probably not sprayed. They will need to be taken back to bare and powder coated again. I think

a) Its respraying on the coating not directly on the aluminum - so not sure what the knock on effect is
b) How long will it last
c) There are so many bits that would need to be masked I doubt they ca do it properly

Hi,
your doubts are right, expecially for the point a).

a) it depends from the kind of color treatment of the other windows: are painted or coated? Of course if the other windows are color coated the effect of a respraying will be very different. But also if they are industrially painted the effect will be different from a spray.
b) it depends by many factors: spray guarantee and user instructions; its compatibility and adesion with painted or coated substrate of the windows etc.
c) the spraying it would be made by a professional painter, ideally in a paint cabin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back