Always read the manual or else!

Where did the jew park his Volvo P1800?

Outside the Simeon Temple.

Sponsored Links
doo dooey de doo doo dooo dum de dum de dummdeddum

The Saint! oh no that was Simon Templar sorry :oops:

Joe90 wrote
Since when does detergent smell like drains? Only bacteria smells like that. Your water is going stagnant in the pipes/pump-sump. Either that or your trap is allowing bad air back.

Softus wrote
So have you cured your problem, and, if so, how did you cure it?

This is what Bosch have to say on the matter

Washing Machines
Why does my washing machine smell?

The use of predominantly low temperature washing programmes can result in the build up of bacteria and undissolved detergents which can cause the appliance (and clean laundry) to smell. Overloading the machine can also contribute to this.

Run the machine with no laundry at 90 degrees to clear the drum of residues. If suds can be seen in the drum during this process the programme should be repeated until only clean, clear water can be seen. To avoid the recurrence run a 90 degree programme monthly with half the normal amount of a whites, biological detergent.

Check the weight of your laundry, note that the maximum weight of an Easy-Care programme is 50% that of a Linens programme.

Joe90 wrote
Since when does detergent smell like drains? Only bacteria smells like that. Your water is going stagnant in the pipes/pump-sump. Either that or your trap is allowing bad air back.

Softus wrote
So have you cured your problem, and, if so, how did you cure it?
I don't know why you've associated my post with joe-90's - they aren't related.

This is what Bosch have to say on the matter...
None of which answered my questions:

Have you cured your problem, and, if so, how did you cure it?
:?:

Sponsored Links
Softus wrote
I don't know why you've associated my post with joe-90's - they aren't related

Just trying to kill two birds with one stone. :oops:

Have you cured your problem, and, if so, how did you cure it?

I did exactly as bosch recommended and the problem was solved. :LOL:

Moderator 7 said:
We can move this to appliances if you wish.
Aha!

If you're granting wishes, please would you move all of Doctor Drivel's posts to the Recycle Bin forum? :D

Check out the internals of the water depth, pressure switch's piping / connections to the lower part of outer drum.. there may well be a larger sized diam' 'bulb' near the drum - this can slowly become filled with an evil smelling paste... Eventually one notices the m/c filling to a higher level -- Or not !
Similar to this...
washer-level-hose.jpg

Hot washes do not always remove the residue... The 'bulb' has a relatively small entry hole...
:D

Mod 7, if you feel it would be better in appliances I have no objection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back