am I being quoted a reasonable price

sw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just been quoted £5k (inc VAT) to have the following supplied and installed:

Worcester Bosch 40CDi combi boiler + vertical flue + 5yr guarantee
Full system flush & treat with corrosion inhibitor
Install 210-litre unvented hw cylinder
Additional expansion vessel
New safey valve
All necessary pipe work for above

For all of the work above is the cost reasonable?

Sponsored Links
Can't really say without seeing the installation, but doesn't sound too bad.

Sorry if infringed rule but have seen plenty of posts with advice on pricing with no moderator intervention

Again cant say without seeing. Why not get more quotes to compare to??

Sponsored Links
Hi sw,

The Worcester Bosch 40CDi isn't a combi boiler its a conventional boiler.

I agree with previous advice, get a few quotes and you'll soon know whether its good value.

To offer anything sensible here you will need to post more detail.

MW

unless you live in a 20 bedroom mansion, you do not need a 40 kw boiler if it is indeed a conventional boiler. the only cdi models that i have seen are combis in which case you have no need for a cylinder, that would knock about a grand off the price.

Perhaps you are quoted for a combi boiler AND a cylinder because you have two bathrooms you want to use together.

Thats quite acceptable as long as you understand what you are getting quoted for.

Otherwise a lower power boiler, perhaps 15 or 18 kW?, would be adequate with a larger cylinder like a 310 litre. That would be the most economical solution.

Howver all the possible options should have been discussed with you by the CORGI rather than giving you a quote for just one option!

There is quite a lot of work and expertise in discussing the possibilities which is why we charge for visiting in cases like these!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back