am i the only one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that thinks the tories will announce an amazing temporary package off measures possibly starting july or august enough to reduce in the next 4 months the rate off inflation by perhaps 2-4% for those on benefits including pensioners but will be short lived and end around the last day in september which will both try to fool the local election voters and also lower next years inflation figures used for benefits based on Septembers level off inflation ???
am i cynical or overthinking this too much :D;)

Sponsored Links
We'd all see through it.
People voted for Brexit - Rees Pudd told us it would bring food prices down by 20% but they’ve gone up.

Tories promised 40 new hospitals, 50,000 more nurses.

amazingly Tories even had a manifesto promise to increase police numbers by 20,000 even though it was Tories that cut 43,000 jobs from the police force.

and then we have levelling off: the money is going to the richest Tory constituencies.

And Tories have announced a 1% cut in income tax for 2024.

Sponsored Links
So how do you explain food prices rising in Europe and America?

the following now apply

rules of origin checks
Sanitary and phytosanitary controls
Transit documents
Customs declarations.
etc etc

There is a considerable increase in paperwork required and more physical checks.

those cost money

and those extra costs only apply to Brexit Britain.

What do you think happens to prices when farmers have to leave fruit n veg rotting in fields?

why do you just keep on and making excuses for Brexit.

Police and police staff numbers in England and Wales have slightly increased 2010 to 2021. Not all police work, needs police officers.
Total police and staff 220k sept 2010
Total police and staff 223k sept 2021
https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...workforce-england-and-wales-30-september-2021

Even just looking at plods its not true
police-workforce-sep21-01.png

Police and police staff numbers in England and Wales have slightly increased 2010 to 2021. Not all police work, needs police officers.
Total police and staff 220k sept 2010
Total police and staff 223k sept 2021
https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...workforce-england-and-wales-30-september-2021

Even just looking at plods its not true
police-workforce-sep21-01.png

it is true, your graph shows it.

2009 144k
2018 122k

Tory austerity

Johnson had a manifesto promise in 2019 to increase police numbers……yes he had a Tory manifesto that basically said: “Tory austerity was sh1t and it’s damaging my election chances so I shall have to reverse it”

lets not mention how the £37bn for Test, Track & Trace Was the biggest, most scandalous transfer of wealth from the average tax payer to the already mega-wealthy

Sponsored Links
Back