Amazon UK delivery problems?

Sponsored Links
Windows NT was a badly polished turd.

NT was simpler and faster. It had some problems too like the blue screen death crash occasionally.
But it wasn't made to push all the adverts and propagandas in the OS like WINDOWS 10 and 11.
Another problem with WINDOWS10 & 11 is having to wait while frequent WINDOWS online update patching goes on.
It sometimes prevents using the PC when urgently needed, such as buying the lotto tickets before the closing time, or bidding for the ebay auctions before the auction ends within next few minutes.

Last edited:
Had to get wife to call Amazon, but usual Robot answering machine. Really poor system for the user support when things go wrong.
Real hassle to find the menu to contact, and get through to the real person to speak to in Amazon.

The option they gave was either Replace or Refund in Full. We took Refund in Full which will take 5 - 7 days, which is not good option for us, leaving with the expenditure in the account, but no PC she needed.

But we couldn't risk them replacing what is supposed to be lost in transit PC for another few days. We now completely lost trust in Amazon UK delivery system.

We miss the days, when there were many local computer shops in the town, and were able to visit the shops in person, and seeing what we were buying.

I just ordered a mobile carport making sure not from Amazon, but from eBay.
I disagree with most of that, Amazon customer service has invariably been excellent for me over the years (decades), once you get on the chat and invariably the refund (despite their 5-7 day estimate) is automated a few minutes after I've dropped the item off at the post office or has been collected.

I disagree with most of that, Amazon customer service has invariably been excellent for me over the years (decades), once you get on the chat and invariably the refund (despite their 5-7 day estimate) is automated a few minutes after I've dropped the item off at the post office or has been collected.

I am not saying Amazon UK delivery system was 100% bad. I have had no problems for my purchases from Amazon. It was so much shocking this time, and the last time for wife's buying PC experience from Amazon UK.

Because I was used to the problem-free deliveries from Amazon UK, maybe it was more shocking this time.

It is very frustrating that you were told that the PC will arrive on Wednesday, so you wait all day in the house cancelling other things, but nothing arrives, and then get told it is delayed. The following 2 days the same thing, no update on tracking, no status info, nothing, but just waiting for the PC all 2 days. Then you get told, the PC is missing in transit. You try to contact them, but speaking to the real person is next to impossibility because the robot pre-recorded voices keep popping out instead of the real person.

You then get told, you will get the refund in 5 - 7 days. Last time with wife's laptop refund took 2 weeks.

fmtwin, you might have been lucky, as I was, but if you get hit by the poor unreliable delivery and support system yourself, you might change your mind.

We are definitely going to avoid Amazon UK delivery from next purchases especially if it is anything over 100££, unless they change the way they operate with the support contact system, and delivery updates and reliabilities.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
been like that here for ages, since covid , noone knocks anymore from amazon , just left on the step ...
Amazon Delivery is contracted to 'deliver the item to the customer'. Leaving it on the doorstep is in breach of that contract and they will be liable for replacement if it is nicked.
The only time the customer is liable is if they have specifically asked for it to be delivered to a 'safe place' when the customer is away eg the porch, greenhouse etc.

Some idiots are leaving parcels on the front door step without ringing the doorbell or knocking nowadays.
I had this recently. I live in Wales but was working in Lincolnshire. I got an email with a picture showing my front door and a parcel to tell me my parcel had been delivered about an hour earlier. I phoned my wife and kids at home to tell them to open the parcel and check it was okay. They had no idea it had been delivered. No knock or doorbell. Must have been a stealth delivery as even the dog hadn't reacted.

I had this recently. I live in Wales but was working in Lincolnshire. I got an email with a picture showing my front door and a parcel to tell me my parcel had been delivered about an hour earlier. I phoned my wife and kids at home to tell them to open the parcel and check it was okay. They had no idea it had been delivered. No knock or doorbell. Must have been a stealth delivery as even the dog hadn't reacted.

Common practice is to knock the door with a balloon or sponge, to avoid the risk of someone actually answering the door......

To think that today (Sunday) I can order something and it's delivered tomorrow (Monday) probably in the evening.
This is not something I could have expected 10+ years ago.

If you order something like a desktop PC from Amazon then you have to be very specific on delivery instructions AND make sure that you will be in and expecting it on the delivery date, which you can track to the van's delivery stop - this too is something I could not do some years ago.

I expect the PC has either been half inched by someone or will turn up slightly battered.
I hope the funds are returned, if the PC does arrive you will have to arrange for them to collect it - in fact you can even refuse delivery.

A zealous chap knocked on the door and rang the bell at lunchtime.
Got my varnish to do the gate...now all i need is the weather to use it.

To think that today (Sunday) I can order something and it's delivered tomorrow (Monday) probably in the evening.
This is not something I could have expected 10+ years ago.

If you order something like a desktop PC from Amazon then you have to be very specific on delivery instructions AND make sure that you will be in and expecting it on the delivery date, which you can track to the van's delivery stop - this too is something I could not do some years ago.

I expect the PC has either been half inched by someone or will turn up slightly battered.
I hope the funds are returned, if the PC does arrive you will have to arrange for them to collect it - in fact you can even refuse delivery.

The PC never arrived. The refund was issued.
Wife still without a PC, and refuses buy anything from Amazon or eBay.
The local PCworld shop or Costco visit is being planned.

The Gadget Centre (Plymouth) on facebook do a good deal on refurbished laptops. I bought a laptop last year at a great price for a high spec system - worth a look?

Sponsored Links
Back