America and Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its kind of ironic how morons do not grasp that putting weapons within easy reach of the masses, including those who are deranged or violent, does NOT reduce deaths from firearms; quite the reverse.

There are plenty of deranged and violent people around, but those who do not have easy access to weapons find it much more difficult to kill, and even more difficult to kill large numbers of people in a short time.

Sponsored Links
There are plenty of deranged and violent people around, but those who do not have easy access to weapons find it much more difficult to kill, and even more difficult to kill large numbers of people in a short time.[/quote]

]Thank you for the insight I must write a letter to Washington telling them that GUNS should never be allowed on planes carried by the pilots as NO ONE WOULD DARE think about hijacking planes with just a box cutter or ever think of becoming a human bomb as it just aint cricket my good man.

A deranged man would never dare steal a car and drive into crowded streets or use a car as a bomb Nah these things never happen.

Only guns kill not drunk drivers or people armed only with an axe or crow bar or pipe or gasoline and a match

Only hand guns cause mass murders and the British empire was very safe once they disarmed the country although Germany was ready to set foot on British soil it was prevented by Sir Chamberlain

THANK GOD Chamberlain had a letter "peace in our time" with that amazing grin he had he saved the Empire without citizens being armed.

There is a great picture of Winston Churchill holding an American ganster Tommy gun BUT today that picture could never have been taken as smoking is banned in many places as more rights are taken away as the governments have to be looking out for your health

I wonder how criminals are going to break in flats or do sex crimes and muggings if they have do not have access to buy a gun?

Possibly a knife? A base ball bat, Brute force? Cross bow? Spear? Rocks? Sling shots? A hammer? pipe bomb? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think it is very safe for a young girl to walk the streets of London at night, after all the police are just a call away if someone decides to do her harm and as we all know the police are with in 30 seconds of everyone in the country if help is needed.

remind me, how many firearms-related deaths are there per year in the land of the well-ordered militia?

these statistics are nearly ten years old, have you got better ones?

Country - - - - - - - - Total firearm-related death rate (per 100,000 population in one year)
United States - - - - - - - 15.22
Switzerland - - - - - - - - - 6.40
England and Wales - - - - 0.46

A legal gun holder would have prevented the reloading THUS again proving an armed licensed citizen can save lives.

Tell the people of Dunblane in Scotland about that...

Sponsored Links
A legal gun holder would have prevented the reloading THUS again proving an armed licensed citizen can save lives.

Tell the people of Dunblane in Scotland about that...

8 Killed in Drag Race on Suburban Road
By STEPHEN MANNING,AP
Posted: 2008-02-16 15:38:50
Filed Under: Nation News
ACCOKEEK, Md. (Feb. 16) - A car plowed into a crowd that had gathered to watch a drag race on a suburban road early Saturday, killing eight people and injuring at least five, police said.

BAN CARS MASS instruments of death and distruction 8 KILLED BY CAR 5 killed by gun

NOW again seek out POLICE shootings and drug related crimes nand then gang shootings and licensed GUN owners CIVILIANS

Between 1985 and 1995, 10 530 teenagers aged 15-19 died from injury in England and Wales; 7954 deaths were from unintentional injury, of which 6073 (76%) involved road users (table). Mortality from unintentional injury declined by 32% (95% confidence interval -37% to -27%) over this period. There were large declines in death rates for motorcyclists (-78%; -81% to -74%), pedestrians (-49%; -59% to -36%), and pedal cyclists (-38%; -57% to -11%), but not car occupants (-2%; -12% to 9%).

Young men accounted for 6279 (79%) deaths from unintentional injury, and young women for 21% (1675). The sex ratio varied by road user (table). Declines in mortality of motorcyclists, pedestrians, and car occupants were similar for men and women. The decline in death rates of cyclists was larger among women, although the point estimates are not very precise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri2O2SPVBQM[/b] << SEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNxl03R5u3g&NR=1

Does police killing and shooting unarmed citizens count?

Even Senator Clinton called the police "murders"

England and its anti Protestants laws are now nation wide
SEE BELOW

The requirement that subjects bear arms, serve military duty[12][13][14][15], dates back to at least the 12th century when King Henry II obligated all freemen to bear arms for public defense (see Assize of Arms). At that time, it was customary for a soldier to purchase, maintain, keep, and bring their own armor and weapon for military service. This was of such importance that Crown officials gave periodic inspections to guarantee a properly armed militia. This remained relatively unchanged until 1671, when Parliament created a statute that drastically raised the property qualifications needed to possess firearms.

In essence, this statute disarmed all but the very wealthy. In 1686, King James II banned without exception the Protestants' ability to possess firearms, even while Protestants constituted over 95% of the English subjects. Not until 1689, with the rise of William of Orange, did the Protestants possess firearms once again with the newly enacted law that reads, "That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their defence suitable to their Conditions, and as allowed by Law".

The tradition of securing a military force through a duty of universal military obligation for all able-bodied males follows from the Elizabethan era militia in England.[16][17]

The English Declaration of Rights (1689) affirmed freedom for Protestants to "have arms for their defence suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law."

When Colonists protested British efforts to disarm their militias in the early phases of the Revolution, colonists cited the Declaration of Rights, Blackstone's summary of the Declaration of Rights, their own militia laws, and Common Law rights to self-defense. While British policy in the early phases of the Revolution clearly aimed to prevent coordinated action by the militia, there is no evidence that the British sought to restrict the traditional common law right of self-defense. Indeed, in his arguments on behalf of British troops in the Boston Massacre, John Adams invoked the common law of self-defense.[18]

Some have seen the Second Amendment as derivative of a common law right to keep and bear arms; Thomas B. McAffee & Michael J. Quinlan, writing in the North Carolina Law Review, March 1997, Page 781, have stated "... Madison did not invent the right to keep and bear arms when he drafted the Second Amendment—the right was pre-existing at both common law and in the early state constitutions."[19]

Others perceive a distinction between the right to bear arms and the right to self-defense; Robert Spitzer has stated: "...the matter of personal or individual self-defense, whether from wild animals or modern-day predators, does not fall within, nor is it dependent on, the Second Amendment rubric. Nothing in the history, construction, or interpretation of the Amendment applies or infers such a protection. Rather, legal protection for personal self-defense arises from the British common law tradition and modern criminal law; not from constitutional law."[20] Heyman has similarly argued that the common law right of self defense was legally distinct from the right to bear arms.[21]

The potential connection between the right of self defense and the new constitutional protection of a right to keep and bear arms contained in the Second Amendment depends on the distinction whether 'keep and bear arms' is synonymous more broadly with the right of individual self defense or does 'keep and bear arms' pertain more narrowly towards use of arms in a military context, or, in the case of the Common Law while still under the British, in service of the King and country.

I wonder WHY England does not allow citizens to be able to protect themselves from two legged predators????

blah blah blah.....

in most cases with licensed weapons its not even the the type of weapon that makes a difference, its more likely that the american in charge of said weapon is too stupid to keep it "holstered".

doesnt bother me as its cleansing the gene pool for the better.

blah blah blah.....

in most cases with licensed weapons its not even the the type of weapon that makes a difference, its more likely that the american in charge of said weapon is too stupid to keep it "holstered".

doesnt bother me as its cleansing the gene pool for the better.

Exactly as some places do not require training and anyone with an ounce of gray matter would take several safety courses just like any other tool has it dangers when used improperly.

You cannot just get behind the wheel of a truck or car and start driving the same with firearms

TRAINING and more training and lots of practice and keep the finger off the trigger until the fire arm is pointed at the target.

I have a Sigsauer 226 9 MM 15 round capacity clips and the trigger is a hair trigger requiring very little pressure to fire, it is a DA /SA model and a revolver has a much tighter trigger pull thus the trainee should qualify with the firearm they are planning to use.

Many folks keep a round chambered which is ok for revolvers but on semi I dont think so even though it is common practice.

There should be requirements with certificates of training as a matter of fact I am going to a rifle range today and after shooting a few hundred rounds I am picking up another certification for my own peace of mind.

It is well worth the money to know how to shoot and do it as safe as possible just like driver education

Sylvan Tieger";p="814991 said:
Guns do NOT kill people It is People who kill people NONE of my vast number of firearms ever picked themselves up and loaded thenselves and shot at anyone.

[/o protquote]

good quote, but if they are not owned in the first plac there is even less chance of anyone dying. moron

I used to have gun's, one with damascus barrels, the police came and took them away, (I told them they could), they rung me up later to say that they had left them in the quay shed,(that the equivalent of a bus shelter) and could I go and retrieve them, unbelievable :eek: trouble with gun's is you just want to try them out.

There should be requirements with certificates of training as a matter of fact I am going to a rifle range today and after shooting a few hundred rounds I am picking up another certification for my own peace of mind.

It is well worth the money to know how to shoot and do it as safe as possible just like driver education

You'd never get a gun licence here as you are clearly an unbalanced gun toting nutter.

Thankfully the Democrats will start to eliminate guns in your society.

jefoss";p="830027 said:
Guns do NOT kill people It is People who kill people NONE of my vast number of firearms ever picked themselves up and loaded thenselves and shot at anyone.

[/o protquote]

good quote, but if they are not owned in the first plac there is even less chance of anyone dying. moron

I know I won an argument with a half wit once they start calling names HAVE A PINT or two or possibly three THEN take your family out for a drive mate and help clean the gene pool.

You folks willing to give up their rights as a mans home is now the governments in Jolly old England as your no longer allowed to protect your home from invaders WWAIT for the new influx of people who dont worry about gun laws and start taking over THIS time there maybe no one with a gun to save you .. Well i'm off to the firing range

We are seeing the effect of more availability of guns here in the UK,
30 yrs ago it was relatively safe to walk the streets, now I dont feel safe.

No one should be given the right to make a hasty decision that could end one's life so quickly, the risk of misjudgement of a situation is far too great to allow this to happen as has been seen from well publicised cases involving armed "professionals" recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back