American Style Fridge/Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for an American style fridge freezer with reasonable storage space under £900 and not requiring plumbing. Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
We got a Samsung without ice maker (as this takes up space in the freezer compartment).

Had it for about 5 years now and, apart from one replacement lamp, no problems to report.

Also, provided you don't stuff it to the gills (blocking the vents), it doesn't frost up (y)

Looking for an American style fridge freezer with reasonable storage space under £900 and not requiring plumbing. Any recommendations?
We have just got a Gorenje, similar to a Smeg but a lot cheaper. Had it for 3 months so early days but it fits the bill in all respects. It replaced an AEG integrated fridge freezer which was the worst fridge we have ever had.

Sponsored Links
I've got an unbranded integrated larder fridge 24 years old and it has had a sub £50 repair.

(Watch, it'll break now....)

If we redo the kitchen I'd like to do away with the two we have and replace them with an American style.

But I'm not sure about Sammy. When I was working, I was often called out to tripping RCD's where everything was eliminated apart from the fridge and I would call an appliance guy in to test it. They would say it was OK, which made me look bad, but on repeated visits to test the fridge, it would prove the be guilty of causing the fault.

Back