Daewoo fridge freezing food

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone can help me, I just noticed that our fridge part of our fridge freezer is freezing the food, it’s on 4 degrees...it’s a American style fridge freezer....any idea please

Sponsored Links
is it a frost-free freezer?

what are the actual temperatures in the two compartments?

4C is a shade cold but not excessive. Depending who you ask 5C and 6C are popular.

Were the frozen things in the bottom box?

Frost freezers are prone to duct blockage, but your temps are so near to normal that it might just have been struggling to cope with recent hot weather.

If you know the make and model you could search to see if it is a problematic one.

Sponsored Links
4C is a shade cold but not excessive. Depending who you ask 5C and 6C are popular.

Frost freezers are prone to duct blockage, but your temps are so near to normal that it might just have been struggling to cope with recent hot weather.

If you know the make and model you could search to see if it is a problematic one.

Hi John thanks for your help on this, I put three cups with water overnight on each shelf and they all froze...I have checked the seals and hovered the back grill to clear the dust. Also googled the make and model...not sure what else I could do..other than call someone out...

Hi John thanks for your help on this, I put three cups with water overnight on each shelf and they all froze...I have checked the seals and hovered the back grill to clear the dust. Also googled the make and model...not sure what else I could do..other than call someone out...

I need to find this duct block not sure where it is, I have checked the manual and also there’s no indication there...it’s a daewoo FRAX22b3b...

Yes it’s a frost free freezer the two temps are -16 and 4

If the cups of water froze in the fridge, the ACTUAL temperature must be colder than 4.

Have you got a thermometer?

If the cups of water froze in the fridge, the ACTUAL temperature must be colder than 4.

No I don’t have a thermometer but your right it’s must be circa 0 degree...anyway I turned it off for 10 mins and turned it back on, 1 difference is that a slight intermittent buzzing noise has stopped so I have put another glass of water in there at 7am and will see if that’s done the trick...thanks again!!

No I don’t have a thermometer but your right it’s must be circa 0 degree...anyway I turned it off for 10 mins and turned it back on, 1 difference is that a slight intermittent buzzing noise has stopped so I have put another glass of water in there at 7am and will see if that’s done the trick...thanks again!!

O no just checked frozen water in glass again

Buy two thermometers.

Test both temperatures.

Is there a "super" or "fast" button?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back