AMF Venner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

My central heating in my new house is controlled by a really old AMF Venner timer under the stairs. The problem is that the analogue clock on it doesnt move rotate with the day as it should. The boiler itself is fine but I cant figure out why it doesn't rotate.

I have already switched it to the auto function instead of the manual override so it should be coming on automatically at the set times but it just aint turning.

There is a visible screw on it that says "Locking screw", now obviously I'm not going to start unscrewing things that I dont know anything about but I was wondering if this had something to do with the problem perhaps, or is it just had its day and needs replacing?

Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is that the old clock with the oval shaped case and a red on/off button?
If the clock isn't turning and there is power to it, then it's probably had it.
They pull out from the backplate, so you could try a bit of cleaning and a spray with say WD40. Might be time for a new clock.

The old Vennerette. The synchronous motor will have died. Replace with any single channel timeswitch. You will have a live and neutral, and a switched live to rewire to a new base.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the speedy response guys I think a replacement is going to be needed.

Side note:

Fastest forum response I've seen in years, give yourself a big hug off me for being such awesome first response users :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back