Central Heating AMF VENNER Timers - Help 1980's Apt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have recently moved into an apt built in 1980's, there is electric heating via 2 AMF Venner Vennerette Timers beside dis. board. These operate a boiler pump system. One of the timers keeps losing its time so it drops about 2 hours a day so the heating doesnt come on regularly every day. The other one I am not sure what this does at all.
They both have 2 on and off settings.

Does anyone one know why I have 2 timers, what can i replace the slow one with?

Attached pic of offending timers

Thanks in advance

PS : electricity bill is massive for 1 month and the meter is spinning like lewis hamiltons bridgestones

Sponsored Links
You haven't really described what they do. I haven't got the time to pop over and have a look.

A similar product would be a Sangamo timer, but you need to check the rating plate of the Venner to see what current it is switching (in Amps, or the rated Power (in kW, multiply number by 1000 and divide by 230 to get Amps).

Other digital timers are available, but you may need to add a contactor to switch high currents. Horstmann make some products that may be of use.

Alternatively, you could fit a modern Honeywell ST9400 LoT two channel programmer driving two contactors.

Electric heating is not going to be cheap, ever.

Finally, make sure the Venner units are not part of a low rate tariff meter installation by your LEC (Electricity Board) because if they are;

1. They are not yours to fiddle with
2. You won't be able to isolate them safely

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back