amount of bricks a bricke can lay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am trying to find out the average a bricklayer can lay in a day to a good standard these will be facing bricks and internal block and insulation i know there are no real averages as every job is different and skill levels,but the bricky will have a labourer .
thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends upon the detail/location really.

500 per day is achievable for most brickies though you could lay as much as 1000 if you are building say a solid 9" wall that is roughly backed in.

Higher scaffold lifts take longer to load out.

Then there are gables, corbels, dog tooth dentil etc.

so if they say can lay 200 facing bricks plus blocks for that area its about average basic build single storey

Good question. No fixed answer. could write a book on it.
Depends, single trowel on his own, 1&1 or 2&1?
Garden wall with 200 bricks, 4 bed detached field ranging or 2 brick wide warehouse wall?
Take 4 bed detached, I would expect from a good single trowel and ballerina, fair face. working with blakes profiles 750 a day with the ballerina doing the jointing up.
Straight one brick wall, stretcher bond both sides fair face, 20 course high, using profiles, once again good single trowel and hoddy, getting a wriggle on could give me 1100 to 1200 in the day. ballerina doing jointing & keep stacking bricks 2 hods high.
200 bricks in garden wall, well its a days work for a trowel on his own, even though he may be finished by 3.00.
It is always most profitable to work a 2&1. This way for every three bricks you lay 2 are for you and 1 is for the hoddy. Your mate at the other end of line is doing the same.
Fact 2009 bricklayers championships, fair faced but no jointing and no profiles 791 in ONE hour.
Have heard that number has been beaten.
Fact, houses, flank walls decent price work trowel & hoddy on straight pull, with profiles, between 8 and 12 course high (very little stooping or bending on these courses), muck boards blocked up on 2 course block can give you 300 bricks per hour. How long could he keep it up, different ball game.
Back to your last question.
200 bricks and 33.3% ms 100mm block, cav fill, irons etc is worth top money of say £130.00 between the two of them. Not going to get rich are they.
Look at it another way. Say small extension 3m outx4mx2.4m high flat lid. Knock out say two windows and door, leaves you approx 1150 face and 19m block. Going to take them a long time. Saying that I don’t know where you are based, don’t know what lads are looking for in your area, so you will have to form your own conclusions.
old un.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back