amptec electroheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help???
i moved into a flat approx 4 years ago which has an amptec electroheat system, it has worked perfectly until now but 2 days ago it suddenly stopped producing hot water from the taps and shower, the central heating still works so not sure exactly what the problem is.. i don't keep the hot water on constantly as it costs quite a bit so i only switch the hot water on for a few hours each day
can anyone enlighten me before i call a plumber and if i have to resort to a plumber can anyone reccommend someone who won't cost the earth??

Sponsored Links
As you have not described your system in any detail no one can offer much advice to fix the problem. Which could be due to any one of a number of things.
My first thought is 'maybe there's no water available to come out of taps/shower, but I'm sure you would of thought along those lines and checked it out!

It is probably a motorised valve failure.

If you find a cheap plumber he will either be;

- working for less money because he likes you
- an inexperienced amateur looking for paid experience

You choose.

Sponsored Links
I doubt your electric boiler is doing the hot water aswell so presumably your immersion heater/s is faulty.

I don't recommend you start messing about with these unless your competent with electrics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back