Amtico edges help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have amtico in the hall and the edges have cut so roughly some boards a not straight and there are gaps at the skirting boards. Flooring co want to mastic the edge as they say cuts are within tolerance , I think they are hiding a bad job also they only took 40 mins to lay a screed on concrete floor , they are coming tom to fix only two areas as they say the rest is acceptable need advice on how to come back at them, help !!

Sponsored Links
I think you find that they will run silicone rather than mastic. That means that when you next paint the skirting the decorator will have to spend hours removing the silicone before they can repaint (silicone repels paint).

How big are the gaps? I had a vinyl strip floor laid last year, some of the gaps were up to 1 mm, the flooring guy considered that to be acceptable. I ended up using a heat gun and lifted the worst bits and aimed for a gap of 0.25mm.

Can you post photos? Difficult for anyone to advise you without images.

Thank you for your reply , I’ve attached a couple of photos the marks on the floor are chalk

Attachments

• B684906C-173D-4770-BA20-2A7465751CCC.jpeg
    B684906C-173D-4770-BA20-2A7465751CCC.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 795
  • BFED0061-B127-4C5B-BB2C-AE72BD4B7559.jpeg
    BFED0061-B127-4C5B-BB2C-AE72BD4B7559.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 941
That’s a joke. No way are they professional fitters. That needs relaying imo.
Tell them you don’t want any silicone. Are they a proper flooring company.
Anything more then 1mm is not tolerant. That looks 3-5mm gaps.
Are they a carpet shop? Employed fitters or subbies.

Sponsored Links
Believe it or not they are a flooring co the builders use , we have had amtico in the past and never had any issues before.
They fully believe this is acceptable to leave it like this . It’s a joke .

Done a few in Liverpool and they always have a firm lashing them in to a crap standard. Had a look at a few.

Tell them you want all the bad cuts changing. Don’t think they will be bothered as they always silicone it all up.

I will do they are coming tomorrow so we will see how it goes . Thanks for your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back