Amtico floor with dog claw scratches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried all the amtico cleaners and it dousn,t work, I am tempted to try buffing the scratches out with a polishing mop normally used for removing scratches from car paintwork.
Has any one else tried this?or any other advise would be gratefully recived

Joe C

Sponsored Links
cleaners wont remove scratches, you need to re-seal the flooring with a few coats.

This does depend on how bad the scratches are tho.

By any chance is this the amtico 'spacia' product?

Thank you for responce,Scratches too deep to cover with top coating,never heard off Spacia so can not answer that one

Has any one attempted to polish them out with buffing/Polishing mop as I had first suggested??

Joe C

Sponsored Links
I assume you have stripped the floor and re-sealed using Amtico products. We have had a similar problem and our once beautiful shiny floor is now dull and scratched due to two adorable but destructive labradors. We are about to install a new kitchen and have decided to dispense with the Amtico. We are going to re-level the concrete floor and put good quality vinyl down - a lot cheaper than Amtico and kinder on the feet than ceramic tiles. If the dogs scratch the vinyl, or we get fed up with it, we will change it again in a few years' time, but while our dogs are young we feel this is the most practical option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back