Karndean / Amtico Flooring with dog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

Does anyone have experience of Amitco or Karndean (wood type look) flooring with dogs? I am concerned about the slipperiness of it and the dog "scooby dooing" as he runs across the floor. Any comments on whether it can be scratched with their claws.

Appreciate your comments. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Altro manufacture flooring which is specially made to be non slip. It comes in lots of colours and styles. Originally made with a sparkly finish and designed for installation behind bars, in kitchens, around pools and other wet or potentially slippery areas, it's now widely used in domestic areas also.

my next door neighbour when I was a kid had a parquet hall, a gravel drive, and a red setter (not known to be that bright)

Every approaching visitor was heard by the dog, who'd rush from wherever she was, and generally the visitor arrived at the frosted glass doorway just in time to see a blur of a dog, every leg flailing like in a cartoon, whizzing past the door and banging into a wall.
The dog never learned to slow down as it approached the floor, and must have crashed into something solid about ten times a day.

Sponsored Links
No more slippy then Laminate.

Go for a textured finish like
Moduleo Impress mountain oak or country Oak
Amtico form
Project floors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back