Amtico/Karndean: flexible or latex screed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are getting Karndean parquet laid on our ground floor in a small house (Lounge, hall, kitchen).

The subflooring is mostly floorboards, going onto concrete towards the back of the kitchen. The concrete level is 2-3mm higher than the floorboards.

We've had three local flooring companies quote. Two mentioned different types of screed, namely flexible and latex. Both said the flexible screed would offer a "perfect" finish but be more expensive.

The company we are closest to choosing is asking for an additional £390 for the flexible screed over latex (which is already included in the quote price of £2900, along with 6mm ply, feather edge joins, adhesive)

Is there much of a difference in the screed types?

Does the £390 seem justified?

I can't find any discussions online about the difference - most people just talk about screed in general so I assume they are referring to latex.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Depends what manufacturer of the screed.
But I proce similar on a lot of jobs.
100% the fibre screed is best Finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back