anaglypta dado rail panel wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being indecisive, so would welcome views from anyone who has used anaglypta panel wallpaper for below dado rails. This is going on one 5 metre (roughly) length of wall.

The panel widths are 67cm repeats so will need to be trimmed somewhere. So, would it look better to start in the middle and work out, so both ends are trimmed panels, or to start at one end and work to the end by the front door, only trimming the final width?

One other question: how long should I leave the wallpaper to dry before painting?

Any advice/views most welcome please!
Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
An excellent and very decorative wall covering, i'm thinking either Gothic or Oriental, but please correct me if i'm wrong.

The importance here is to establish an equal pattern match with regard to internal angles, were you start is of far less importance.

To explain, you will need to allow for roughly the same width of drop in both angles. To achieve this you could determine the exact length of the wall and divise this by the width of the roll.

A simpler way perhaps would be to determine a choosen spot toward the centre of the wall, mark with a pencil and place to any side of the mark a roll of paper. Mark again with your pencil the edge of the roll and continue untill you reach the corner, then note the overlap.

Do the same on the other side of the intital mark and again check the width of the overlap. if these are of near the same distance strike your plumbline and continue if the deviation between the two is large then adjust your inital mark accordingly.

Dec.

Sorry.

I would tend to leave the paper 12 to 16 hours at this time of year before painting.

Dec.

Sponsored Links
Dec, thanks so much for this detailed response which is extremely helpful.

The balance this will give the wall will no doubt look great. The pattern is neo classical, which, out of those available, seemed most appropriate for our Victorian terrace and the size of room. It is the last room, after 4 years of work, so we want to get it spot on and the traditional paint colours we've used already make a great difference.

Thank you!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back