Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
News Article.
'Low life cowards' threaten Bolton OAP, 89, with knife
8:42am Thursday 23rd October 2008

Armed robbers threatened an 89-year-old man with a knife after he returned to his home in Kearsley from visiting his wife's grave at a local cemetery.

Shortly after 7pm on Tuesday the victim returned to his home on Manchester Road, and was approached by a man, armed with a knife. The thug then held the knife to his throat and demanded cash.

The victim handed over a quantity of cash.

While this was happening a second man ransacked the victim's bedroom and also carried out searches throughout the house.

The two men then escaped over the back garden.

The offenders are described as white, 25 to 35 years old. One of the men was wearing a light grey top.

It is not known how they got into the victim's home.

The man was left shaken but injured.

Detective Constable Nick Gibson, of Bolton CID, said: "I am struggling to find the words to describe these two lowlife criminals.

"To attack and threaten an elderly man with a weapon in his own home is nothing short of depraved.

"I would appeal to anyone who knows who is responsible, or who may have seen two men acting suspiciously before or after the incident to come forward.

"It is vital we catch whoever is responsible for this cowardly act before they strike again."

Anyone with any information is asked to call Bolton CID on 0161 856 5740, or Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

I don't know if anyone saw it, but the man was on the news being interviewed, and apparently they were saying "shut the curtains so no one can see what we do to him".

He also said its lucky he had a healthy heart because any other elderly person with a not so good heart would have had a heart attack.

I can't believe people would do such things, its f*cking disgraceful that is someone's grandad! The culprits need linching!

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So, what do you intend doing about this?
Bit of a silly question.
So which is sillier - asking you, the person who felt strongly enough to create a topic about the matter, what you're going to do about it, or creating a topic and then doing absolutely nothing else?

uhhh I intend on hoping the police catch them.
That'll cure the symptom, but not the problem.

What are you going to do about curing the problem?

What are you going to do about curing the problem?

You sound like such a picky man, I was simply sharing something I read and seen with the forum, what do you expect me to do, drop my life and go question everyone in the Bolton area.

You sound like such a picky man
Is my pickiness an excuse for your anti-social laziness?

I was simply sharing something I read and seen with the forum, what do you expect me to do
I expect you to do something that would result in a change to the situation that you're implicitly complaining about, rather than being an ineffective whining voice in the mass of ineffective whining voices.

drop my life and go question everyone in the Bolton area.
What life would that be? Is it the one that makes you too busy to post an email to your MP?

And what difference do YOU think that will make, Softus, to send a letter to an MP ???
I'll tell you what, it'll make as much difference as posting a rant on here, and you know it. :rolleyes:

And what difference do YOU think that will make, Softus, to send a letter to an MP ?
If nobody does it, then it will make no difference.

If one person does it, then it may make not more than a tiny weeny bit of difference.

If everyone does it, then it will make an enormous difference.

Not doing it just because you don't want to be the only one is a pathetic reason, and it's the reason that very little changes in the way that people generally want it to.

BTW, I'm suggesting sending an Email, not posting a letter, but either will do.

I'll tell you what, it'll make as much difference as posting a rant on here, and you know it. :rolleyes:
If you really did know what I know, then you wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement.

Go on then, do something then. Knowledge is only useful if you use it.

If you really did know what I know, then you wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement.

Now THATS a ridiculous statement. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back