Angel Eyes RGB LED Ring Light Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hello there, the cables aren't long enough and I want them to be black. Can anyone please tell me what this type of wire is called? It has four very small cores and runs on DC12V to supply power to four of these lights.

LED RGB 0.75 Cable 4-Core PVC?

I'm also wondering how difficult it would be to solder new cable to the light based on how small the wires are.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you are not experienced at soldering don’t try soldering to the tape. Cut the wire near where it enters the sheath and solder to the cut ends. Thread heat shrink on before you solder it, or cover with self amalgamating tape. Don’t use so called insulating tape.

• Thanks
Reactions: SFK
Sponsored Links
In that you can solder to it with a fine point iron if you want to.

When you buy the cable ( 4 core alarm cable will be adequate ) ensure the wires are copper and not copper coated aluminium ( CCA ) and not Copper Coated Steel ( CCS ) as CCA and CCS do not solder well ( if at all ) when using normal domestic soldering irons and solder..

Thanks for your replies. What are the connectors used and shown and do I need a specific tool to attach them to the cables?

Okay, so that's the wrong measurement. What would the wire thickness be? Also, what are those connectors called?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back