Anodised ali angle Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of an online supplier who stocks a comprehensive selection of sizes and finishes of ali angle?* I have to do a blue peter job on some kitchen drawer fronts. The rest of the doors and drawers are made from an anodised aluminium frame, with an inset melamine/formica panel. However there are 2 drawer fronts that are the same colour as the rest of the kitchen, but are your standard particle board jobbies without any ali frame. I need to create the effect of the existing, by fixing lengths of 20mmx10mm angle to the edges.

The units came from an local shop, that discontinued this particular range, and since closed down.

BnQ do this, but in slightly different dims, I assume that routering this stuff would reveal a shiny edge beneath the surface finish?

*(Or better still does anyone know of a kitchen manufacturer who uses this aluminium surround?)

Sponsored Links
Deluks - try Blackburns (used to be called Baco Metal Centre) just across the border in Edenbridge. They do some anodised stuff but not sure of your profile. Consider making from untreated then get it anodised ... loads of anodising firms around.

Trouble with buying it pre annodised is any cutting you do obviously wont be annodised.
Best bet is to buy what you need (Blackburns / Aalco) and have it annodised when you have cut / drilled it.
A1 anodising in crawley is one of the best local ones

Thanks for the advice so far. I've been given details of a company called spa aluminium in T.Wells, I'll check them out, but if they can't help then I'll check out the Crawley guys, I'm always down that way anyway as it's handy.

re the anodising process, does this costs megabucks? I'm looking at about 7 - 8 running metres of small angle section. Could it get costly?

(I know they'll tell me when I enquire, but not having dealt with this before I'd be interested to know what others have paid for this process)

Sponsored Links
Na, relatively cheap.
Speak to Neil at A1, tell him what you got and you want a pound note price and he'll sort you out :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back