Another Bathroom question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

I've a question about supplementary bonding in my bathroom. I'm replacing an old bathroom in a bungalow which was built 24 years ago. The floor is screeded and all water pipes in the place, including all c/h, are 15mm copper pipes with no plastic pipes except for the incoming mdpe mains water.

There will be copper pipe feeds to the loo, sink, bath, shower and rad.

There are three existing ceiling mounted downlights from one external light switch, an above ceiling inline extractor fan with a pull cord switch, and a combi boiler fed mixer shower i.e. no electric shower. The consumer unit is not RCD protected, just MCBs, although when the kitchen was done a few years ago the kitchen sockets were put on separate RCD fusebox by the electrician.

The plan is to replace the downlight/spotlight units with something similar (probably 240V GU10 LED spots) and in the same locations. The existing extractor will stay as is.

As no new electrical kit is being installed, do I need to have supplementary bonding connected?

Regards,

Kris.

Sponsored Links
If disconnection times are met and RCD protection on all the electrical equipment in this location, you can. If not, your supplementary bonding can be installed outside the location but close to the point of entry of the pipe work to the location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back