Another cabbie joke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A woman and her twelve-year-old son were riding in a taxi in Detroit. It was raining and all the prostitutes were standing under awnings.

"Mom," said the boy, "what are all those women doing?"

"They're waiting for their husbands to get off work," she replied.

The taxi driver turns around and says, "Geez lady, why don't you tell him the Truth? They're hookers, boy! They have sex with men for money."

The little boy's eyes get wide and he says, "Is that true Mom?"

His mother, glaring hard at the driver, answers in the affirmative.

After a few minutes, the kid asks, "Mom, if those women have babies, what happens to them?"

"Most of them become taxi drivers," she said.

( from an American friend )

Sponsored Links
That joke works especially well in Spanish because a favourite Spanish expression is "Hijo de Puta!" which means "son of a whore" but is used in the same way as the Americans say "son of a b***".

The little boy asks his mum: "Mama - las putas tienen hijos?" meaning: " Mum - do whores have sons?" and she replies "of course - where do you think taxi drivers come from?" This makes a fantastic unexpected punch line for a nation who despise taxi drivers and when I was an English assistant in Spain in 1977 I told the joke to several hundred Spanish students, all of whom wet their knickers laughing as it was definitely the first time they'd heard the joke. I guess it went "viral" and only had to reach the ears of somebody who worked for TV or radio and the rest is history.

About ten years later I was back in Spain and somebody told me the same joke using almost exactly the same words as I had used, so perfect is the play on words, so I genuinely believe I started that joke off in Spain.

Sponsored Links
Back