Another cable routing question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just chased out the plasterboard wall and I've got my conduit but do I need to clip the 2.5 mm T&E to the wall as well? The run is only about a meter and a half and runs from a socket to a FCU in the loft.

To clip or not to clip and if to clip, how often to clip?

Cheers in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
What are you using the conduit for then if you are clipping the cables to the wall? Are you confusing conduit with capping?

Possibly I am. The stuff I'm using just sits over the top and the sides will just squeeze under the plaster board. Is that called capping then? I guess it's just to stop the filler knife from catching the cable.

I suppose long term there is an arguement that it will make a rewire easier but how often does that happen? Every twenty years or so?

No need to clip if you are using the capping.

I would prefer conduit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any conduit shallow enough. Don't think the other half would take too kindly to unsightly bulges in the walls.

Chase it deeper you lazy bugger :D

Oval conduit is as shallow as capping TBH?

So how his conduit better than capping? Do I really want to be bashing away at the breeze block with a cold chisel if I can avoid it?

If there's good reason, I'll do it, just wondering what it might be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back