Another cant find the correct window (frame) seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

11 year old Anglian windows, need to replace a couple of the frame seals (not the glass seals).

I've attached pics of the existing ones that I cant find anywhere, am I right in presuming I could replace them with something close like

The first pic I can use bubble seal
win1.jpg

The second I can use Flipper (none of the flippers have the extra 5mm bit at the top)

win2.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I've had a good look around but can't find anything similar. Sorry :(
All I can recommend is getting a couple of sample packs and seeing what fits best.
It is only a seal after all! ;)
Otherwise, see if Anglian have any suggestions?
Good luck!

Do as RandomGrinch says, get a some sample packs. From experience Anglian Windows will not be interested in the slightest selling you the gasket. Our company used to supply Anglian with Decocative Glass and we often tried to get spare parts for our customers and Anglian will only sell a new window/door! Most of the Window parts to Anglian are specific ( eg Beading , Gaskets , Window locks, door locks, Door hinges etc ) , a few parts are generic , handles , window hinges and Sealed Units

Thanks, if I phone Anglian, I suspect they will be trying to sell me new windows and will be hassling me for the next 6 months.

I'll get some samples.

Looking at the seal, it closes against the short bit marked in red in attached pic. Imagine you're looking out of the right window, the seal would go into the frame in the position shown in pic, so I'm sure I'll find something that can replace this.

window frame 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi all

11 year old Anglian windows, need to replace a couple of the frame seals (not the glass seals).

I've attached pics of the existing ones that I cant find anywhere, am I right in presuming I could replace them with something close like

The first pic I can use bubble seal
View attachment 244872

The second I can use Flipper (none of the flippers have the extra 5mm bit at the top)

View attachment 244873

Thanks

@pjo123 or all - did you manage to find tthe window seal replacements? I am in the same situation. Appricate any support. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back