Another ceiling light guidance request

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just put 1 out of 2 of the lights up thanks to this forums advice, thanks very much. i thought the adjaicent light would be the same, but there seems to be twice as much of each wire. I think i need to put the 2 × thick red sleeves go into the live of the new light, the 2 x blue and blacks got to neutral of new light and 2 x earths go into earth new light and that leaves 4 reds go into seperate 1 junction box...am i right please?

Attachments

• 20220310_084252.jpg
    20220310_084252.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220310_084232.jpg
    20220310_084232.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
Yes ,the 4 reds do not connect to the light fitting but go together in seperate insulated terminal block.
The blue and blacks are neutrals, and the other reds sleeved go to the fittings live terminal.
All earth's go together in the fittings earth terminal.

Thanks terry....just 1 point of clarity do the 4 red ones, go together into 1 terminal block?

Yes ,they all have to be in contact with each other ,in an insulated terminal strip or a wago connector block for instance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back