another cold rad story

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have placed posts before on these problems. Initially started with hot water venting into expansion tank. After consulting on this site decided there was a partial blockage or complete blockage in the pipe where feed pipe joins pipe from pump to pipe that rises expanded water to tank at the T junctionin the airing cupboard. Did magnet test, very strong reaction, put X400 in system for a month, drained it all down last sunday, flushed it well through, each ground floor rad in turn as drain valve on each rad, fiiled up again with another dose of X400 as suggested on this forum. Bled all system, left with 2 cold rads, one in lounge which I cleared by closing all other rads, the other in the kitchen refuses to get hot. Closed off both valves, drained rad again, opened inlet valve, no problem, water flowed in fine, closed that and opened lockshield valve, just a cup of water out of that then nothing. Filled up rad, bled it, tried closing off all other rads again still no luck. I ralise there must be a blockage somewhere but how to clear it. I will wait until I drain the sytem again, as I must due to X400, but what is the way foreward? The system has 10mm pipes which I suppose makes blockages more common. Any one any ideas.
The magnet still sticks to the pipe in the airing cupboard but the water seems to have stopped going to the f&e tank. Can these deposits in the pipes set hard as when I filled the system I put a hosepipe directly into the feed pipe and which would mean the water dropping directly onto the deposits and would have thought that would have flushed them away but it hasn't.

Sponsored Links
Take the rad off, connect a hose pipe to the lock shield valve and let this flow to see if it frees the blockage, if this does'nt work try putting the hose on to the cold mains and backflushing it (carefully)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back